You’re dying to go on a date with the lady you’ve had your eye on, but first you have to ask her out. How do you go about bringing it up? What should you say exactly? It might be scary to ask a lady out in person, through text, or on social media, but don’t fear. We’ve compiled the greatest advice for asking a lady out. Continue reading for samples of what to say, as well as advice on how you look calm and confident while asking her out.
Method 1 : Asking Her in Person
1. Make a plan for what you’re going to say so you can feel more assured. Having a strategy can allow you to be more straightforward and avoid misunderstandings. You want her to understand that you’re asking her out romantically, not simply as friends. You don’t have to recite a script word for word, but having a broad concept of what to say will make you feel more at ease. Here are some examples of what you might say:
- “I bought tickets to Taylor Swift’s August performance. Would you want to accompany me as my date?”
- “Would you want to go to the new bookshop and then get some coffee?”
- “Next weekend, I’d want to take you out to dinner. What about the new Thai restaurant?”
- If you’re really shy, make the most of it. You may even say something like, “I’m a shy person, so this is a bit difficult for me, but I just wanted to tell you that I think you’re incredibly sweet and have a fantastic sense of humor. Would you like to go play mini-golf next weekend?”
2. Don’t ask her until you’re quite sure she’ll be in a good mood. If she seems depressed or upset about anything, it may not be the greatest moment to ask her out on a date. Try to catch her after something nice occurs, such as a good test grade or an interview for a job she desires.
- It might be nerve-racking to ask a lady out in person! Set a deadline for yourself and commit to asking her before that date to help alleviate your anxiousness. It will only take a few minutes to ask her out after you start the discussion.
Tip: If she’s just broken up with someone, you could be inclined to ask her out as soon as she’s available. But odds are she’ll need some time to acclimate. Give her a few weeks before approaching her with an invitation. Meanwhile, give her your friendship and an ear to listen if she so desires.
3. Talk to her while she’s alone so you don’t have to deal with an audience. If a female is with a group of friends when you approach her, she may be embarrassed or unable to speak freely since she is aware of how many people are observing your conversation. Make a plan for a one-on-one conversation with her.
- You may offer to accompany her to her next lesson.
- You might request that she wait for you after a meeting since you have a question for her.
- You might also text her and ask her to meet you someplace.
4. Make eye contact and try to talk effectively. Take a deep breath when you get her one-on-one and are ready to ask her out. Make soft eye contact, smile, and stand up straight. Slouching, gazing at the ground, or murmuring are all bad habits. Remember that you just need to utter 2-3 phrases.
- If you’re frightened, rehearse your speech in front of a mirror multiple times.
- You might even videotape yourself approaching her and asking her out. Play it back to yourself to hear how you sound and make any necessary modifications. Do you often use the word “umm” or pause? Continue to practice until your query sounds natural.
5. Invite her out! Once you’ve gained her attention and are conversing with her, take a deep breath and gently ask her out on a date. “Would you want to grab a drink at the new coffeehouse on Sunday?” say you. or “I’d want to get to know you a little better. What do you think about taking our dogs on a stroll this weekend?” Keep in mind to be straightforward and confident.
- Consider having flowers delivered to her home if you want to do something a bit more romantic. Then, in person, follow up with her and say something like, “I hope you enjoyed the flowers I gave you. What are your thoughts about going out this weekend?”
- You may also try something out of the ordinary, such as having a pizza delivered to her with a letter that reads something like, “This is a bit corny, but I’d love to go out to dinner with you this weekend.”
6. Respond positively regardless of her response. In the best-case situation, she said yes, and you can start planning your date! It’s natural to be disappointed if she declines your invitation. Try not to take it personally; instead, consider it a “not the right time, not the right person” issue and move on as best you can.
- Don’t even attempt to persuade her that she’s making a mistake. She knows what she wants, and forcing her to do otherwise will make her uncomfortable.
- Attempt to say something like, “No worries—I’m pleased I inquired and now I don’t have to wonder! I wish you a wonderful day.” Be truthful and try not to seem sarcastic.
Method 2 : Using Texting and Social Media
1. If you regularly interact by text or social media, use that method. Many dates are set up by SMS, DM, social media, and other similar means. Choose the manner that seems most natural to your typical style of communication when determining how to ask a lady out.
Keep in mind that you should be very explicit in your language so that your intentions are not misconstrued.
2. Before you send your message, choose an activity to invite her to complete. Rather of being generic and asking her to “hang out” or what she’s up to that weekend, select something entertaining that you believe both of you would like. This offers her something to reply to, and if she answers yes, you won’t be left wondering what to do. Here are some amazing first date suggestions:
- Visit an arcade or play mini-golf.
- Visit a coffee shop and a used bookshop.
- Make plans for a movie marathon.
- Attend a free art exhibition or festival.
- Volunteer to walk and play with the animals at the local animal shelter.
- Make homemade pizza and put together a puzzle together.
Tip: If you want to do anything that needs tickets, ask her out well in advance. It would be terrible if she wasn’t available that weekend or if all of the tickets were sold out.
3. Keep the writing brief, sweet, and to the point. Send her a short note that says something like, “Hello, Kate. I think you’re quite attractive. Do you want to go play arcade games and eat this Friday?” Telling her you think she’s attractive signals to her that this is a love message rather than a friendly one.
- Keep in mind to inquire about a certain activity. As an example, “Do you want to go on a date with me next Saturday? “I was thinking we could eat supper and go to a movie,” sounds much more romantic than “Would you want to get out maybe next weekend?”” The latter might be misconstrued.
- Text isn’t your only choice; you may also utilize DMs in other social media applications or send a great video through Instagram or Snapchat.
4. Accept her response and reply swiftly, even if she declines. If you are rejected, do not take too long to respond. You may remark, for example, “That’s fine! I simply wanted to inquire. I still like you and will see you in class.” It’s never enjoyable to be rejected, but it’s a common occurrence that says nothing negative about you as a person. It’s simply not a good match right now.
- If you are rejected, remind yourself that at least you now know. You won’t be left wondering what occurred, and you’ll have more experience for the next time you decide to ask a lady out.
If a female tells you no, reply positively and politely. Make it a point to say “hello” and smile the next time you meet her so she understands there are no ill feelings.
5. If she says yes, make preparations for your first date. Hopefully, your communication was received favorably! Set the date, mark it on your calendar, and take a few moments to reflect on how well things went.
Send her a message the day before or the day of your date to let her know you’re looking forward to hanging together.
Method 3 : Gauging Her Interest Level
1. Determine if she is currently dating or interested in someone else. You may already be aware of this information, but if not, it will help you decide when and if to ask her out. Pay attention to the folks she often mentions. If they aren’t frequent pals, it may be someone she is romantically interested in. Examine her social media to see if there are any hints there as well.
You might even use this to get to know her better by asking questions like, “Tell me more about some of the individuals you’ve dated,” or “Did your previous relationship end well?”
2. Look around to see if you can catch her glancing at you. When someone glances at you often, it is usually a sign that they are interested in you. This might be a wonderful sign that she is developing emotions for you, especially if you are already pals.
If you don’t see it, it doesn’t imply she’s not interested or that you shouldn’t ask her out. It’s only one method you can detect whether her emotions for you have shifted.
3. Watch her body language to see whether she is interested in you. Is she approaching you and standing or sitting close you? Does she put her hand on your arm or shoulder? These signals do not indicate that she likes you romantically, but they do indicate that she does not hate you. They indicate that she feels at ease with you and loves you as a person. This is a fantastic sign!
- If a female loves you as a person, your odds of receiving a “yes” when you ask her out are substantially better.
- On the other hand, if she avoids you, avoids eye contact, or walks away while you’re near by, it’s a clear indication that she doesn’t want to spend time with you.
4. Flirt with her to see if she is interested. Make longer-than-usual eye contact with her and smile. To create physical contact, softly touch her arm or shoulder. Compliment her beauty and brains.
- Congratulate her. You might complement a lady by saying things like, “”That sweater brings out the color in your eyes,” or “You did an excellent job today on your presentation.” I wish I had the courage to speak in front of people like you.”
If you’re flirting by text, you may say something like, “Every time my phone rings, I hope it’s you.”
What is a cute way to ask a girl out?
Make a phone call to her. In this day and age of social media and texting, a phone call may go a long way.
Say that to music…
Purchase a “talking” teddy bear for her.
Make her something delicious.
Get her some flowers…
Sing it! …
Create a crossword puzzle.
Make some candles.
Is it OK to ask girls out?
There is no right or wrong moment to ask a lady out on a date, just as there is no right or wrong time to get married, have a kid, or start a company. Learn how to tell whether a lady likes you if you’re not sure if she’s interested. So, if you’re intrigued, go ahead and ask her out. Will she refuse? Perhaps, but you won’t know until you ask.
How do I ask a girl out over text?
“Hey, this is [so and so], we met the other day,” for example. If you’re certain she knows your phone number, text her something like “Hey, what’s up?” or “Hey, how’s it going?” Before approaching her, wait till she replies to your initial text.
How do you casually ask a girl out?
Have some swag. Swag is an attitude as well.
Don’t Complain…. Act Confident…. Discover Her Interests…. Invite Her to Help You Do Something…. Invite Her to Play a Game with You…. Invite Her to Do Something with Your Friends…. Invite Her to Attend a Lecture with You.
What make a girl fall for you?
Accept Her As She Is…. Put Her First…. Show Appropriate Affection…. Demonstrate Your Reliability and Dependability…. Demonstrate Your Generous and Caring Side…. Surprise Her Occasionally.
Make Genuine Compliments… Dress to Impress.
How do I ask a girl out without making it awkward?
Make your point. People are put off by ambiguity.
Keep yourself protected. When in doubt, choose a low-commitment activity for both of you, such as coffee, lunch, or supper.
Be adaptable. They could say no…
Keep it cool and easygoing.