“Breezehome” is one of the Skyrim residences available for purchase. It is the first house you may buy as you continue through the main plot, and it serves as a safe haven for dropping off treasure and resting between adventures in Whiterun Hold. After finishing the “Bleak Falls Barrow” quest in the main plot, Breezehome may be bought for 5000 Gold.
Completing “Bleak Falls Barrow”
1. Begin the quest “Bleak Falls Barrow.” This mission is part of Skyrim’s main plot, and it is given to you by Farengar Secret-Fire in Dragonsreach in Whiterun. This mission comes directly after “Before the Storm.”
Note: You may make things a lot simpler for yourself by going to Bleak Fall Barrow first, before going to Whiterun. Talk to Lucan Valerius in Riverwood to begin the Golden Claw quest. This allows you to obtain all of the goods you need from the Bleak Falls Barrow and present them to Farengar Secret-Fire as soon as you receive the quest, rather than having to go back.
2. Go to Bleak Falls Barrow. This dungeon may be found to the south of Whiterun and to the west of Riverwood. There will be some bandits outside, so take care of them before entering. The entrance to Bleak Falls Barrow is located at the top of the steps among the ruins.
3. Kill the two bandits in the first chamber before continuing. You’ll soon come across a robber who pulls the incorrect lever, triggering a trap that kills him.
4. Install the pillars. You can establish the order of the pillars by looking at the tablets above the gate and near the lever. Set them to “snake,” “snake,” and “whale,” respectively. This allows you to pull the lever and continue.
5. Arvel must be freed before he may be killed. Arvel the Swift may be found entangled in a spiderweb farther down the dungeon. Hitting the spiderweb will let him free, and he will flee. Try to kill him immediately so you can get to his corpse quickly. If you don’t kill him, he’ll be slain by a draugr or impaled by a spike trap farther down.
Arvel will crouch for a brief while after being liberated from the spiderweb, providing this the ideal opportunity to murder him.
6. Take the Golden Claw and solve the puzzle with it. This item may be found on Arvel’s body. Later in the dungeon, the Golden Claw is necessary to solve the Three Ring puzzle. Zooming in on the Golden Claw’s hand in your inventory will reveal the exact arrangement of the rings (from top to bottom: bear, hummingbird, owl).
7. Destroy the dragon by reading the Word Wall. The Word Wall will teach you Unrelenting Shout, one of the game’s most useful Shouts. You will be assaulted by a draugr overlord after reading the Word Wall. Take the Dragonstone and dispatch the dragon.
8. Give the Dragonstone to Farengar Secret-Fire in Whiterun at Dragonsreach. This will finish the quest and let you to buy a home in Whiterun.
Purchasing the House
1. Speak with the Jarl. Talk to the Jarl in Dragonsreach after finishing the task. He will tell you that a house is now available for purchase and will direct you to Proventus Avenicci.
2. Proventus Avenicci may be found in Whiterun. In Dragonsreach, you can generally find him near the throne. If he isn’t present, he is either in his bedroom or eating on the Great Porch.
If you haven’t bought the home by the time you begin the Stormcloaks’ “Battle for Whiterun” quest, you’ll have to do it later from Brill in Dragonsreach.
3. Buy the home for 5000 gold. Proventus will sell you the home if you pay the 5000 gold deposit. If you don’t have the money yet, raid a few adjacent dungeons and sell the treasure to Whiterun merchants.
4. Buy furniture from Proventus. When you initially buy your property, it will be very empty, but you may add furniture and decorations by buying items from Proventus. When you buy extra furniture, it will be delivered to your home instantly.
You may buy furniture by the room. For example, outfitting your Living Room will supply you with two weapon racks, one bookshelf, one cupboard, one small table, and two small chairs. The bedroom will be furnished with three end tables, one dresser, one table, one chest, two chairs, and one shield plaque.
5. Find a new place to live. After buying your property, you will be given the key and will be able to begin utilizing it. The house is named “Breezehome,” and it is located just within the western gates of Whiterun, to the east of “Warmaiden’s.”
Using Your House
1. Store objects in your containers safely. Many containers in Skyrim will reset after a period, making them an insecure location to store valuables. Containers at your home, on the other hand, will never reset, enabling you to securely discard all of your extra treasure between expeditions.
- Many gamers may organize various sorts of stuff into separate containers to make it simpler to discover them later. For example, you could store all of your clothes and armor in the Bedroom and all of your foodstuffs in the Kitchen.
- When you use a Weapon Rack, it will immediately store your attached weapon, making it an excellent method to display your cherished weaponry.
2. Improve your kitchen so you can cook items and prepare meals. You get a Cooking Pot when you upgrade your kitchen. You may use this pot to mix culinary items to make more potent and effective meals.
Most meals will need the addition of salt.
3. Improve your Alchemy Laboratory so you can make potions. The alchemy lab enables you to combine components to create very potent medicines. You may mix up to three components (two basic and one bonus) to make a wide range of useful potions and lethal poisons. At 500 Gold, the alchemy lab is the most costly add-on. A guide on making potions may be found here.
You may swap your alchemy lab with a Children’s Bedroom if you have the “Hearthfire” expansion. This enables you to adopt children to live with you. More information about Skyrim adoption may be found here.
4. Take use of the nearby blacksmith. Breezehome’s closeness to Warmaiden’s is one of its greatest qualities. This means you may swiftly fabricate and repair equipment without having to locate all of the necessary tools.
5. Understand your limitations at Breezehome. Breezehome lacks both an Enchanting Table and a Mannequin. This means you can’t enchant anything until you travel all the way to Dragonsreach. You can’t show off your favorite armor without the Mannequin. Breezehome is also quite far from the Thieves Guild barrier at Honningbrew Meadery.
How do you get the house in Whiterun for free?
Skyrim gamers must talk to Proventus while he is going to sleep or get out of bed to obtain a free home in Whiterun. His rooms are located in Dragonsreach Keep’s Jarl’s Quarters.
How do I buy the Whiterun house?
After completing the Jarl’s quest in Bleak Falls Barrow, the player will be granted the privilege to acquire property in the city. Speak with Proventus Avenicci, the steward, to acquire Whiterun’s unoccupied residence, Breezehome, for 5000 gold.
How do you unlock Breezehome?
It’s the second building on the right after Warmaiden’s as you enter Whiterun. How to get it: After completing the Dragons Rising narrative task, speak with Proventus Avenicci in Dragonsreach (we discovered the Living Quarters in him).
How do I get Breezehome without paying?
If an NPC’s discussion is not finished before entering Breezehome, they will accompany the Dragonborn inside.
Collect 5,000 to get Breezehome for free. …
Decorating a room in the home gets rid of spiderwebs and boxes.
How do I get Breezehome without Quest?
Selecting “Own a house in Whiterun (breezehome)” will offer you a completely equipped house that is missing the followers sleeping area. Give the key to yourself. It’s worth noting that if you go to Lydia’s location before starting the quest, she’ll be inside Breezehome but hidden. Breezehome is now vacant.
Who I can marry in Skyrim?
You may marry anybody in Skyrim, regardless of gender or ethnicity. If you are a male Nord, you may marry a male Orc if you so want! What possibilities! However, finding love in a planet rife with civil strife and dragons may be difficult.