Steam remove phone number
Steam is a prominent online multi-player platform for distributing games and other material. This wikiHow will show you how to change your phone number on a computer or on your phone.
Changing Your Phone Number on Your Computer
1. Start Steam. The emblem features a robotic arm.
- If you don’t already have the Steam desktop program, take these steps to get it:
- Go to https://store.steampowered.com/about/ in your web browser.
- Install Steam is positioned in the centre of the screen, in blue.
2. On the top right of the screen, click your name. A menu will appear as a result of this action.
3. Select Account Details from the drop-down menu. This is the menu’s second option.
4. Select Manage your phone number from the drop-down menu. This is found underneath the contact information.
5. Change your phone number by clicking the Change Phone Number button. This is next to “Do you have a new phone number?”
6. Choose an authentication method from the drop-down menu.
- You may choose the first option by SMS if you have access to your former phone number. A confirmation code will be sent to your previous phone number.
- You may use Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator as your authenticator if you have it installed.
- If none of these alternatives work, go to the bottom and choose Remove my old phone number.
Changing Your Phone Number on Your Mobile Phone
1. Launch the Steam application. The emblem features a robotic arm.
2. Please enter your login credentials. Sign in by using the Sign in button.
- The mobile application does not allow for the setup of an account.
3. The left corner should be tapped. The side menu will appear as a result of this action.
4. At the bottom of the menu, choose Account Details. This option is found in the Support section.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Manage your phone number.
- Add a phone number if you don’t already have one by selecting Add a phone number.
6. Change your phone number by tapping on it. This is next to “Do you have a new phone number?”
7. Select one of the verification methods to change your phone number.
- Select Yes, I have access to my former phone number if you have access to it.
- Remove my previous phone number if you don’t have access to your old phone number.