This we tells you how to tell whether a phone is unlocked without a SIM card. If you purchased a new phone used or from a third-party vendor, be sure it is unlocked so you may use it with your network. Otherwise, it can only be used with the carrier to which it has been locked. Using a different SIM card is the simplest method to see whether your phone is unlocked. Whether you do not have a SIM card, you may use the Settings to see if your phone is unlocked, although this may not be 100% accurate. You may also call your carrier, however they may not be able to provide you with the necessary information.
You are viewing article How to Check if a Phone Is Unlocked Without a Sim Card at website answerforyou.net.
Using the Settings Menu on iPhone
1. Navigate to the Settings menu. Iphonesettingsappicon.png is an image. It features a logo that looks like two silver gears. To access the Settings menu, tap the symbol on your Home screen.
2. Select Cellular Data. In the Settings menu, it’s next to a green symbol that looks like an antenna.
If you are not in the United States, this choice may state “Mobile Data” rather than “Cellular Data.”
3. Look for the option “Cellular Data Network.” On phones outside the United States, it may state “Mobile Data Network.” If you have this choice, your phone is most likely unlocked. If it’s not accessible, it’s probably locked. Remember that his approach is not completely correct. If your phone is locked, you must unlock it by contacting the carrier to which it is locked or by utilizing a third-party unlocking service.
Using the Settings Menu on Android
1. Open the Settings menu, as seen in the image Android7settings.png. To do so, swipe down from the top of the screen and hit the gear symbol in the upper-right corner.
Alternatively, you may open your Apps menu and choose the Gear symbol.
2. Select Connections. This is usually the first item on the Settings menu.
This may state “Network & Internet” or something similar on certain devices.
3. Select Networks. It may be found under the connections menu. Depending on the make and model of your phone and the version of Android you are running, this may read “Mobile Networks” or “Cellular Networks” on certain phones.
4. Activate Network Operators. In most cases, it is the final option in the Networks menu. This shows the available mobile network connections.
5. Select Search Now. This searches for various mobile networks to which you may connect. If it shows more than one network, your phone is probably unlocked. If it just shows one network, your phone is probably tied to that network. Keep in mind that this procedure is not perfect.
If your phone is locked, you must unlock it by contacting the carrier to which it is locked or by utilizing a third-party unlocking service.
Contacting Your Mobile Carrier
1. Open the Phone app and look for the image IPhonephone.png. It’s usually a green symbol with a picture of an ancient phone receiver. To access the Phone app, tap the Phone app icon on your Home screen.
2. Call 611 or the customer care number for the provider you want to switch to. Most carriers have access to a list of IMEI numbers that are network compatible. However, it is conceivable that the customer support professional does not have access to this information and cannot tell you over the phone. It is still worth a shot. If you know what carrier the phone was formerly with, you might try calling them as well. To contact customer support, dial one of the following numbers:
- 1-800-937-8997 T-Mobile
- 1-877-596-7577 Verizon
- Sprint: 1-888-211-4727
- 1-800-331-0500 for AT&T Wireless
Using a Third-Party IMEI Checker
1. Open the Phone app and look for the image IPhonephone.png. It’s usually a green symbol with a picture of an ancient phone receiver.
2. Dial *#06#. This will show the IMEI number of your phone on the screen. You are not required to press the send button. When you complete calling, the information will appear automatically. This is not compatible with Verizon phones.
You may also obtain your IMEI number by going to the Settings menu and looking under About, About Phone, or something similar.
3. Take note of the IMEI number. The IMEI number is a one-of-a-kind identifier that is used to identify your mobile device. Your IMEI number may be used by mobile carriers and third-party firms to determine if your phone is locked or unlocked, or whether it has been blacklisted after being reported lost or stolen.
4. In a web browser, go to https://imei24.com/. IMEI24 is a free IMEI checker website that will determine the state of your phone’s lock. You may use either an Android or an iPhone.
- https://imeicheck.com/, https://www.imei.info/, and https://www.wipelock.com/ are some other IMEI checks. These websites charge a fee to determine whether or not your phone is locked.
- There is no assurance that the information shown on these websites is true or that they can tell you whether or not your phone is unlocked. Before utilizing a website’s service, read the reviews. Particularly if you are required to pay a charge. The best method to verify the status of your phone’s lock is to call the carrier to which it is locked.
5. Enter your IMEI or MEID number and press the Check button. Enter your IMEI number into the bar in the center of the screen. Then, to the right of the bar, click the blue button.
6. Click I am not a robot after checking the box next to “I am not a robot.” This proves that you are a real person.
7. Check to see whether your phone is locked. The state of your lock is shown next to “Simlock Status.”
If your phone is locked, these websites will unlock it for you as a service. You will be charged a price to unlock your phone, and there is no assurance that they will be able to do so. Contacting the carrier to which your phone is locked is the safest approach to unlock it.
Using Another SIM Card
1. Get a SIM card. You may use your existing SIM card if you just bought a phone and want to verify whether it will operate with your current network. Whether you just want to see if your phone is unlocked, you may borrow a SIM card from a friend who is on a different carrier or take the phone to a mobile shop and tell them you want to see if it is unlocked. They may test it out with a temporary SIM card.
2. Turn off the phone. Before installing a SIM card, make sure the phone is turned off.
3. Put in the SIM card. Most contemporary phones include a SIM card slot on the top or right side of the phone. It’s an oval container with a pinhole in the center. To eject the SIM tray, insert a paperclip or SIM card removal tool through the pinhole and push down. Insert a different SIM card into the SIM tray and replace it.
- Remove the back of the phone and then the battery if you have an older phone with a detachable battery. The SIM card slot should be located underneath the battery.
- If you are unsure how to remove the SIM card from your phone, see the user manual.
4. Turn the phone back on. If the phone is locked, it will most likely require you to enter an unlock code. You must receive the unlock code from the carrier to which it is locked.
5. Make an attempt to call. If you don’t see a popup asking for an unlock code after inserting a new SIM card, launch the phone app and make a call. The phone gets unlocked if the call connects successfully. When you attempt to make a call and obtain an error message, the phone is most likely locked.
If you obtain an error code when trying to make a call, write it down and use Google to look it up. This ensures that the issue is due to the phone being locked and not anything else.
Can I check if my phone is unlocked without a SIM card?
Using a different SIM card is the simplest method to see whether your phone is unlocked. Whether you do not have a SIM card, you may use the Settings to see if your phone is unlocked, although this may not be 100% accurate. You may also call your carrier, however they may not be able to provide you with the necessary information.
Can IMEI tell if phone is unlocked?
An IMEI number may be used to identify the manufacturer and model of a device, as well as whether it is locked or unlocked. When a device is lost or stolen, the IMEI may be used to prevent it from being used on most carrier networks, including T- Mobile’s.
How can you tell if a phone is unlocked or not?
In general, navigate to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators and hit Search Now to check whether additional providers’ names appear. If you see different provider names, your phone may be unlocked. This strategy works most of the time, although it is not always perfect.
Can you tell if an iPhone is unlocked without SIM?
Navigate to Settings > Select About from the General menu. Scroll down to Carrier Lock. If there are no SIM limitations, your smartphone is unlocked.
Is my phone locked to a network?
It is easy to determine whether or not your phone is locked. Simply insert a SIM card from another carrier (free from a phone store or by purchasing one online) and check to see whether the network name displays on your cellphone. If it does, and you can use your phone, it is unlocked.
How do I know if my iPhone is unlocked by IMEI?
What You Should Know
The simplest method is to go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.
Alternatively, if you’re traveling, change your current SIM card with a local SIM.
Alternatively, put the iPhone’s IMEI number into an internet service such as IMEI. Check to check whether your smartphone has been unlocked.