How to Cuddle
How to cuddle while watching a movie
Cuddling is one of the most effective forms of physical love; it promotes intimacy, displays affection, and boosts pleasure. Cuddling produces oxytocin, a hormone that decreases stress and anxiety, implying that it improves your mental health as well. If you’ve fallen out of love with snuggling or aren’t sure what motions to employ, don’t worry! Cuddling is simple and enjoyable with a little practice.
Starting to Cuddle
1. Begin slowly. Perhaps your spouse has made it plain that they want to snuggle, or perhaps you are taking the effort to begin your cuddling. In any case, it is better to start slowly. No matter how eager you are, don’t leap into hugging – literally, don’t jump on them. To demonstrate your purpose, place a hand on their shoulder, back, or waist. Allow it to sit for a few minutes or give it a little massage.
- Make sure your snuggling intentions are apparent. You can put your hand on their shoulder, but it doesn’t indicate you want to snuggle with them. Instead, caress their arm to ensure they realize what you’re about to do.
- Remember that snuggling is often a stand-alone action that does not always transfer into foreplay.
- Begin slowly and work your way up until you’re comfortable, not with the purpose of continuing beyond the cuddling stage.
2. Keep an eye out for environmental influences. So you’ve covered the fundamentals and are ready to move on to the fun part: snuggling. However, before you make the switch, consider several essential environmental aspects. Is it hot outside? Because you may need to minimize your physical touch in order to prevent turning into a swamp monster. Are you lying on a sofa or on a bed? Or is it something totally different? The snuggling positions you can take may vary depending on how much room you have to spread out.
3. Make yourself at home. You’re going to be cradled in a hug for a long time, so make sure you’re comfy beforehand. Change into comfy clothing or grab a soft blanket if you want to conduct some long-term snuggling while watching a movie or before going to bed. Although you may be resting on the other person, having a cushion on hand may be a good idea as well.
4. Rub your hands together a bit. The PG type; gently and endearingly stroke your partner’s back, legs, or arms. This might be the same as gentle massage. The idea here is to make the other person feel at ease and interested in continuing to cuddle with you. When you’ve progressed to actual “cuddling,” you may want to keep the mild stroking going to prolong the wonderful emotions you both enjoy from it.
Cuddling Like a Professional
1. Stick to the tried-and-true, and use a spoon. Spooning is the most conventional of all snuggling positions for a reason: it’s fantastic! Spooning is performed using a “large” and “small” spoon, with both couples lying on their sides nestled into each other. The large spoon is at the rear, and they often wrap their arm across the body of the tiny spoon.
- Keep an eye on your heads. Because your heads are almost parallel, it is preferable to stagger them somewhat. The large spoon may lay their head on the tiny spoon’s shoulder or support it up on one arm.
- Keep in mind the heat. Because there is so much physical touch, spooning is one of the most effective heat-generating cuddling postures. To prevent producing a sweat pool, the large spoon may have to refrain from putting their arm over the tiny spoon or shift their legs back a little.
2. Try using a half-spoon. The half-spoon is almost as traditional as the full spoon, with one person sleeping on their back and the other facing them, reclining on their side. The person on their side will most likely put their head on the chest of the person on their opposite side. Intertwine your legs for a more intimate snuggling experience.
3. Increase your layering. Layering your snuggling is best for cuddling in small areas, so have the bigger person lie face up. The second person may then lie face down right on top of the bottom portion. To prevent the lower stack from suffocating, the top person should wobble their body slightly downwards, allowing them to move their head to the side and rest it on the bottom half’s chest.
4. Face each other. When you lay face-to-face with your partner, you’re in one of the most romantic snuggling positions. You may lie on your stomachs and tilt your heads to the side, or you can sleep on your sides, whatever works best for you. Holding hands in the space between your bodies can heighten the amorous sentiments that are circulating throughout the room.
5. Try out the stargazer. You and your spouse are out camping or watching a meteor shower, and you both want to hug but need to view the sky. Wrap your legs together and lie on your backs close to each other. If you don’t mind a dead arm, one of you may put your arm behind the other person’s neck in a half-embrace. Holding hands across your torsos or in the space between your bodies is also an option. Contrary to its name, this may be done at any time, not only when stargazing.
6. Place your chin on their lap. This snuggling action is ideal for when you want to communicate since it allows you to keep eye contact more easily. One person should sit up, while the other should lie down perpendicular to them, with their head resting on their lap. This allows the individual sitting up to play with their partner’s hair or gently massage their face.
Experimenting with Cuddling
1. Experiment with their hair. When someone plays with your hair, there are few emotions more lovely and pleasant. Gender is irrelevant; just run your hands over your partner’s hair while cuddling. This may be a mix between a scalp massage and a finger brushing. Playing with your partner’s hair is a sure method to make them joyful and at ease.
2. Kiss each other a bit. Kiss your lover sentimentally rather than in preparation for making out. Plant little kisses on their brow, arms, or hands to show them how much you love and care about them. This gesture will have them swooning and glad to be caught up in your embrace.
3. Massage should be practiced. Isn’t it true that everyone enjoys a nice massage? Massage the parts closest to you to show your lover how much you care. Most commonly, this will be their back, shoulders, or arms. If you don’t want to massage them, just rub them back and forth with your hands.
4. You should run your hands down their body. Use your fingers to lightly brush their body. Run your hands down their body, their legs, or their arms. This is simplest to perform from a spoon or half-spoon posture, but it may be done in any snuggling position.
5. Tickle them gently. Gently tickling your companion can quickly have them writhing and giggling closer to you. Take care not to overdo the tickling; merely tickle them for a short period of time to indicate that you’re flirting with them and want them to be closer to you.