How to level up magikarp
Magikarp is one of the most recognizable Pokémon, if only because of its utter ineffectiveness. You may attempt training your Magikarp to Level 100 if you’re up for a challenge, but most gamers will want to evolve it as quickly as possible into its far more scary version, Gyarados. You may even use a Mega Stone to level up your Gyarados if you’re playing Pokémon X, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, Sun, or Moon.
1. Decide whether or not you wish to progress. While there isn’t much use in leveling up Magikarp for any longer than is necessary to enable it to develop, there are times when maintaining a Magikarp is preferable.
- A Shiny Magikarp is an excellent prize, and the Shiny Gyarados it develops into is one of the game’s most frequent Shiny Pokémon.
- For a challenge, try raising a Magikarp to Level 100. A Level 100 Magikarp will also make a fantastic trade stock since it is very difficult to get.
- Magikarp learns Flail at level 30. If your Pokémon is damaged, this is an extremely strong move, thus it’s a hazardous decision. Flail may be one of Gyarados’ most potent techniques if it matches your playstyle, so it’s worth delaying the evolution until your Magikarp learns it.
2. To develop Magikarp, it must reach at least Level 20. Once a Magikarp reaches Level 20, it will attempt to develop. You may either stop it from evolving or let it develop into Gyarados by holding “B” throughout the transformation.
- Some easy methods to bring Magikarp to Level 20 may be found in the next section.
Ways to Easily Train Magikarp
1. Send Magikarp into combat and then swap it out right away. Because Magikarp has no attacks at its lower levels, you’ll need to do this throughout the majority of encounters. The Magikarp will gain a portion of the experience as long as it is in for one round.
2. Equip an Exp Share to Magikarp. This item enables the Pokémon carrying it to acquire a share of the experience obtained during a fight even if it did not take part in it. It must remain in the active party, but you won’t have to worry about swapping it in and out of combat.
3. Magikarp should be sent to the Day Care Center. You may immediately get experience by dropping Magikarp off at the Day Care Center in the game. This will take some time since the Day Care gives you little experience, but you won’t have to fight any fights or maintain it in your active party.
- Even if your Magikarp reaches Level 20, it will not develop at the Day Care Center. If it satisfies the level criteria, it will attempt to develop after its first combat when you recover it.
4. Rare Candies should be fed to your Magikarp. You can fast get your Magikarp to the level you desire if you have a stack of Rare Candies. It will begin to develop after you give it a sweet that raises it from Level 19 to Level 20.
Evolving Gyarados into Mega Gyarados
1. Get a Mega Ring and improve it (X and Y). You must first get your Key Stone, which is hidden within a Mega Ring, in order to develop Gyarados into Mega Gyarados. You’ll need to beat your opponent and then win the Rumble Badge at Shalour Gym to get the Mega Ring. To acquire the Mega Ring, take the badge to the summit of the Tower of Mastery.
- After getting the Mega Ring, you must upgrade it in Kiloude City by beating your opponent once again. After the combat, Professor Sycamore will update your ring.
- For additional information on the Mega Evolution process in X and Y, go here.
2. Groudon or Kyogre must be defeated (Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby). In Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, you must first battle the Legendary Pokémon in order to obtain access to the Mega Stones. In Alpha Sapphire, this is Kyogre, while in Omega Ruby, this is Groudon.
3. Look for Gyaradosite. This is the Mega Stone that Gyarados needs to develop into his Mega form during a fight. The position of the Gyaradosite will vary depending on the game version you’re playing. Where the Gyaradosite is found, the earth will gleam.
- X and Y – The Gyaradosite may be found near the three waterfalls on the east side of Couriway Town.
- Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire – Chomper the Poochyena may be found on Route 123. He may be found in the 123 Go Fish store. Chomper must be scratched in order to obtain the Gyaradosite.
4. Give the Gyaradosite to your Gyarados to hold. This is necessary for it to Mega Evolve during combat.
5. During combat, choose “Mega Evolve” to transform into Mega Gyarados. Per combat, you may only have one Mega Evolution active. If you swap it out during a fight with another Pokémon, it will maintain its Mega form. The Mega Evolution will endure until the Gyarados faints or the fight is done.