The ancient Chinese practice of Feng Shui may assist us in achieving harmony in our homes and in making our lives happier and more successful, one space at a time. We often direct our focus to the bedroom, which serves as a haven where we can relax and refuel our batteries. Your love life, as well as your capacity to relax and your sense of control, may all benefit from having the bedroom arranged according to good Feng Shui principles. You have to be able to repel any bad energy that may enter your room as well as your life, as well as know how to maintain the flow of chi going strong.
Applying Feng Shui to Your Bed
1. Make sure you have a sturdy headboard. The headboards that are substantial and constructed from wood, as well as the upholstered ones, are considered to be the greatest Feng Shui headboards because they have a very nice balance of strong Feng Shui energy that is also soft and supportive for both you and your bedroom. While your mind is busy drifting off to dreamland, your body is hard at work repairing many different kinds of damage on many different levels. When you sit in a chair for long periods of time, your back and your head both need excellent backing, protection, and support. Subconsciously, your head has the same requirements as your back.
- If you do not have a headboard, you may feign having one by affixing a few wood panels to the wall behind your bed in order to create the appearance of a headboard.
2. Get a supportive mattress. There are many different mattresses available for purchase nowadays; you should make an informed decision and put your money into the one that will allow you to get the most rest and feel the most relaxed. It should come as no surprise that the quality of sleep you get at night directly correlates to the state of your health throughout the day. It is important to practice excellent Feng Shui and avoid purchasing secondhand mattresses since you never know what kind of energy they may have absorbed from their prior owners.
3. Make certain that the bed is at an appropriate height. Your bed has to be raised to an appropriate elevation above the floor if you want there to be a healthy flow of chi (energy) below it, according to the principles of Feng Shui. In general, the mattresses that have built-in storage drawers beneath to aid you with storage solutions are regarded to be negative Feng Shui beds. These beds may help you with storage solutions. Why? Because when you sleep, the energy surrounding your body has to flow, and this cannot happen if the area below the bed is being used for anything else.
- Purchase some bed risers if you have a bed that is not very high off the ground. This is an easy and affordable solution to give your bed some more height.
4. Check to see that the bed is set up at the farthest feasible location from the entrance to the room. Do not position the bed in a straight line with the entrance; rather, choose a spot that is either farther away from the door or diagonally across from it. To put it another way, you want to be able to see the door when you are in bed, but you don’t want to be directly facing it. You do not want to position your bed so that it faces any of the doors in your bedroom, whether it be the door to the bathroom, the door to the balcony or patio, the door to the closet, etc., since this will cause an excessive amount of chi to flow towards the bed. In a perfect world, the bed would be placed at an angle across from the entrance, protruding from the opposite corner of the room.
- If you place your bed in such a manner that it is too near to the door, you run the risk of being surprised by unexpected visitors who may come to see you. The more away you are from the door, the better prepared you will be for whatever may be waiting for you on the other side. For the same reason, the bedroom need to be situated as far away from the entrance as is practically practicable.
- Nevertheless, the door should preferably be in your direct line of sight or near by when you wake up. This will give you the impression that you have some degree of control over your life.
5. Make sure there is a solid wall behind your bed to provide support. You should always make sure that there is a strong wall behind your bed, in addition to having a quality headboard. When you sleep beneath the window, your personal energy has a tendency to deplete over time since it does not get enough support or protection from its surroundings.
6. Make sure that both sides of the bed have an energy that is balanced and grounded. In order to maintain a sense of equilibrium while you are sleeping, position two nightstands on each side of the bed. In an ideal scenario, you should also put the same lamp on each of your nightstands so that you may have some diffused light in your bedroom. This balance is critical for maintaining your center and, more specifically, for preserving equality in a relationship, which is particularly crucial if you and your spouse share the bedroom.
- In a perfect world, the nightstands should be circular rather than square so as to deflect any potentially harmful chi energy that may be sent in your direction. This energy is often referred to as “poison arrows.”
- Another fantastic method to strike a balance between the positive and negative energies in your space is to place two nightstands on each side of your bed.
7. Make sure that your bed is a good distance away from any televisions, tables, or other potential sources of distraction. In an ideal scenario, you should relocate your workstation and television out of your bedroom so that your bedroom may become a place where you can actually rest and unwind after a long day. However, because we all have a limited amount of space, if you do have a television or a desk in your room, place it as far away from your bed as you possibly can so that it does not interfere with the bed’s ability to generate good energy. To make even more room, if you have the ability to do so, throw a light scarf or blanket over the television or desk, or even cover it up with a Japanese folding closet.
- To make your television seem less out of place in the room, conceal it under a cabinet or drape some artwork over it.
Avoiding Negative Energy
1. Steer clear of having a mirror that looks into your bedroom or a pair of closet doors that are mirrored. If these mirrors are permanent installations that you cannot remove, you may hide them by draping some cloth over them. If they are allowed to remain uncovered, it is believed that they will prevent you from sleeping. In general, you should avoid having mirrors in your bedroom. This is particularly important if you share your bedroom with a love partner, since mirrors may create an environment that is conducive to cheating. Mirrors are also too energizing for a room that should be used for relaxation.
- If you like having a mirror in your room, you may hang it on the inside of a closet door so that you can only open the door when you need to use the mirror.
2. Keep your bed from being positioned directly beneath a support beam if at all possible. It’s possible that a beam may cause you to feel pressure, which can keep you awake at night. In the event that you do not have any other choices, you may either cover the beam with cloth or suspend two bamboo flutes from it with the mouthpieces facing downward. Because of this, part of the undesirable energy that is flowing from above the bed will be blocked. The point is that you do not want to have any feelings of danger when you are sleeping.
3. Do not visit any fountains or other water features. In addition to this, you shouldn’t hang any images that include water or bring an aquarium into your space. These might open the door to the possibility of money loss or theft. If you want to have the finest possible Feng Shui in the bedroom, you should move any fish tanks, paintings of water or rivers, or other similar items out of the room.
- If you like fountains and other forms of water art, you can consider installing them in your bathroom instead.
4. Make sure that there are no plants or flowers inside of your room. It is believed that plants have an excessive amount of yang, which results in an excessive amount of activity and energy, making it difficult for you to obtain the rest that you need. If you do not have somewhere else to put your plants, make an effort to position them so that they are not in your line of sight when you are lying in bed.
5. Make sure there isn’t a lot of debris surrounding your bed, and try not to lean any part of your bed up against a wall. The Chi is unable to circulate, which indicates that there may be disruptions in your personal relationships. If your bed is pushed up against a wall, one of you will have to sleep on the inside of the other, which will make you feel very literally “stuck” in the relationship.
- Also, try to keep your bed as uncluttered as possible by minimizing the number of toss pillows and blankets you use on it.
6. Get rid of your television as soon as possible. The presence of a television in the bedroom generates an unfavorable magnetic field, which may cause sleep disturbances, damage your connection with your spouse, or even invite a third person into the intimate space. If you have no choice but to store it in the bedroom, at least make an effort to conceal it while it’s not in use by wrapping a scarf over it. If you are very committed to the idea, you can either stow the television away in the closet when it is not in use or position it on a shelf that has a door that can be closed to conceal the television when it is not in use.
7. Move your books to a different location. If you read to relax before going to bed, you may want to have a few books in your bedroom, but if you have a lot of books, the room could start to seem cramped and cluttered. If you have an excessive number of books in your bedroom, it will seem too much like a place to work, which will prevent you from getting the rest and relaxation that you need in there. It’s possible that having an excessive number of books in your room can make you feel overwhelmed.
Creating Balance Through Colors
1. Incorporate colors associated with the fire element to convey passion and vigor. Your ability to obtain notoriety and success in your professional endeavors will be facilitated by the presence of a Feng Shui Fire element in your environment that is in harmony. Additionally, it will assist you in bringing more love and romance into your life, including the bedroom. The following colors represent the fire element in Feng Shui:
- Bright yellow in color
2. Include hues that are earthy to provide the impression of nutrition and stability. Your relationships will benefit from increased stability, sustenance, and protection if you have a robust and harmonious Earth element in your house that practices Feng Shui. Colors associated with the earth element in Feng Shui are:
- Light Yellow
3. For the sake of clarity and accuracy, include hues that represent “metal.” In Feng Shui, the element of metal is associated with traits such as sharpness, accuracy, clarity, and efficiency; its balanced presence will assist you in living a life that is more clear and light. Feng Shui metal element colors are:
4. Use soft, pastel tones in your bedroom to create an atmosphere of calm and relaxation. At the end of the day, the most essential thing is that you are able to wind down in the comfort of your own bedroom and have a restful night of sleep. Your bedroom should be a place of tranquility and peace of mind, and one way to help achieve this is by decorating it in light, soft, and pastel hues. Here are some colors you may use:
- A very pale blue
- A pale pink color
- Light green
- A very pale purple
Making Other Considerations
1. Consider your bedroom to be a tranquil retreat. Your bedroom ought to serve as a haven of peace and quiet for you. It should provide you with a respite from the pressures of your regular life, whether those pressures stem from your job, your family, your health, or your relationships with your friends. It ought not to be a dumping ground for all of the excess stuff for which there is no other suitable location. On the other hand, it should be your oasis in the midst of a desert, a location you can come to when you want to relax or when you just need a break from what you’re doing.
- Never bring unwanted goods or energy into your bedroom, and over time you will develop a greater regard for the area. Never bring superfluous stuff into your bedroom.
2. Have gentle lighting. If you want to have good Feng Shui, you should avoid having any lights that are too bright or gaudy, as well as any ceiling lights that are over your bed. Instead, use desk lights that provide a mellow light, and make an effort to obtain as much natural light as possible via the window. The harsh, too bright lighting will be replaced with something that will make you feel more calm and at peace.
- If you want to reduce the necessity for the overhead lighting, consider adding some little lamps, string lights, and other types of soft lighting.
3. Be mindful of where the windows are located in the room. If you can, position your bed so that it is not directly between a window and a door. If you do this, you will not get caught in the “draft” of chi that circulates between these two points in the room. If you are unable to avoid it, the next best thing is to make sure you have attractive curtains that you can close to block out some of the negative energy. If you can help it, try to avoid sleeping with your back to the window. This will help you get a more peaceful night’s sleep.
4. Put some art in your space that will motivate you. Post pictures on your walls that depict serene settings in nature or other environments that provide you with inspiration. Choose an environment that is unremarkable, choose a picture that inspires you to pursue your goals, or do anything else that helps you develop a state of mind that is at ease and relaxed. Anything that is excessively explicit, gruesome, or just plain unsettling has no place in your bedroom. Put the picture that motivates you the most just across from where you sleep in the bed so that it is the first thing you see when you open your eyes in the morning.
- A motivational message or photographs of some of your favorite locations may look great hung on the wall.
5. Strive for parity in all things. Make it a goal to ensure that there is equal space on both sides of your bed and any other large pieces of furniture. Within reasonable bounds, one side of the room should not be easier to navigate than the other when it comes to moving about the space. You should avoid letting the majority of the stuff in the bedroom clutter over to one side if you want to avoid creating discord in your most important room. Of course, a piece of furniture may add some inequality, but in general, you should avoid letting the majority of the stuff in the bedroom clutter over to one side.
6. Get rid of any clothing items that you do not currently wear. You should go through your wardrobe and drawers and get rid of any clothing items that you haven’t worn in the last twelve months. Donate these garments to a charity or give them to a friend or family if they are still in good enough condition to be worn. Maintaining an old wardrobe in your bedroom may restrict you from seizing fresh possibilities, despite the fact that you may not be able to see the clothing there.
7. Stay away from pictures in which your family or friends are “watching you.” In your bedroom, you may display a few crucial family photographs, but you should avoid having a clutter of images of people everywhere, as this can cause you to feel as if you are being watched and will cause you to get overwhelmed. The same principle applies to religious leaders.
8. Make sure that there isn’t too much clutter in your bedroom. Your bedroom should be as uncluttered and uncomplicated as you can make it. If you are unsure as to whether or not more chairs, lights, or photos are required in your bedroom, you should avoid adding any of these items. The more items you have in there, the more challenging it may be to strike a balance between them all.
9. Clear away any unnecessary items. For the sake of good Feng Shui in your bedroom, you should get rid of any unnecessary documents, rubbish, outdated trinkets, stupid photographs, pointless presents, or practically anything else that you do not actually need in that space, such as a television. You may put goods in storage or move them to another room if you have a strong emotional relationship to them, but you should try to keep the amount of clutter in your bedroom to a minimum by getting rid of things you don’t really use. Having a spare bedroom that is also free of clutter is the first step toward having an uncluttered home.
What is the best direction for your bed to face?
According to certain old beliefs, such as vastu shastra, the southern orientation is considered to be the most favorable for sleeping. The findings of several recent studies1 provide weight to this notion as well. This indicates that when you are lying down in bed, your feet will be facing north, while your head will be facing south 2.
What feng shui should not be in bedroom?
According to the principles of Feng Shui, the worst conceivable position for your bed is one in which it is aligned with the entrance to the room. Because the feet or head face the door, practitioners of Feng shui refer to it as the “dead man’s posture” or the “coffin position.” This is because the position is similar to how we transport the deceased through open doors from the home.
What is the first thing you should see when you walk into a bedroom?
If your bedroom has an impressive focal point, such as French doors, a fireplace, or a stunning window, try to position the bed so that it faces the opposite direction of the focal point. In a perfect world, the foot of the bed would be situated in the corner of the room that is farthest from the entrance, so that it would be the first thing that you saw when you walked in.
Where should mirrors be placed in a bedroom feng shui?
In the practice of BTB feng shui, it is recommended that you position a mirror in such a way that it faces your bed and enables you to view the entrance to your room from it. This implies that the mirror will be facing in the same direction as your bed. As long as the positioning of the mirror does not annoy you or cause you to lose sleep, there is nothing inherently wrong with this arrangement.
Which direction is not good for sleeping?
It is generally agreed that the worst possible body posture is one that faces north to south. This is due to the fact that it is believed that the human skull has a polar-like attraction, and in order to attract opposing poles while you sleep, your head needs to be facing south.
Which side of bed should the woman sleep feng shui?
A woman should always sleep on the left side of the bed, while a man should always sleep on the right side of the bed in order to maintain harmony in the bedroom (if you are standing at the end of the bed looking at the bedhead).