Books are easy to produce, but the components might be difficult to get. Once you have the resources, it is simple to build up your own farm to ensure that you never run out of paper or leather. Let’s get started so you can begin planning the library.
Minecraft for the Computer or Console
1. Collect sugar cane. Sugar cane is a kind of green reed found near sources of water. It may be tough to locate on certain planets, but if you follow the shoreline, you should be able to find it. To pick it up, break it with your bare hands or any instrument.
Sugar cane does not grow in the presence of freezing water. It may be found in warm biomes.
2. Begin a sugar cane farm (recommended). Because sugar cane can be difficult to locate, spare some for planting before converting it all to paper. Planting a piece of sugar cane on the ground will result in it growing higher if the following criteria are met:
- It must be grown in soil, sand, grass, or podzol.
- At least one water block must be next to the ground it is planted on.
- Take note: to harvest the cane, just wait for it to grow higher and break the top blocks. If you leave the lowest cane block alone, it will continue to grow.
3. Convert three canes into paper. Sugar cane should cover one row of a crafting table (three in total). This yields three sheets of paper, enough for one book.
4. Look for leather. Cows are relatively easy to locate, but horses only spawn on the plains or savannah. Each one that is slain drops 0 to 2 units of leather. Each book will need one piece of leather.
- Leather may also be made from four rabbit skins, or it can be found sometimes when fishing.
- Grow wheat and use the gathered stalks to entice cows into an enclosure if you want a consistent supply of leather. When you run out of animals, give a couple of cows extra wheat to reproduce.
5. Make a book out of paper and leather. Place one piece of leather and three squares of paper anywhere in the crafting area. This results in one book.
Minecraft Pocket Edition
1. Examine your version number. This guide assumes you’re using Minecraft Pocket Edition version 0.12.1 or later. If you’re playing an older version, you should be aware of the following changes:
- Books did not need leather to create prior to 0.12.1, but they also had no use in the game.
- Books did not exist prior to version 0.3.0.
2. Look for sugar cane. Sugar cane is a kind of green reed found near sources of water. It can be harvested with your bare hands. Once you’ve found some, try growing your own near your base to ensure a steady supply of paper. Sugar cane grows on sand or mud near water.
If you don’t have enough cane to create the quantity of paper you want, you can speed it up by feeding it bone meal.
3. Make three pieces of sugar cane into paper. Tap your crafting table and go to the Decorations menu, then pick the Paper recipe. This will convert three sugar canes into three pieces of paper.
4. Cows are slaughtered for their leather. Each cow that is slaughtered will drop 0, 1, or 2 pieces of leather. You can find it via fishing if you have Pocket Edition 0.11 or later, although it is considerably less frequent.
5. Make a book out of paper and leather. Another item in the Decorations area of the crafting table menu is the Book.
Crafting Other Items with Books
1. Bookshelves may be made by combining books with wooden boards. Make a bookshelf out of six boards (top and bottom rows) and three books (center row). Many players make these blocks for aesthetic reasons, but they may also increase your enchantment outcomes.
2. Construct an enchantment table. Four obsidian blocks (bottom row and center square), two diamonds (left and right of center), and one book are required (top center). You may spend experience on unique abilities for your tools, weapons, and armor by using an enchantment table.
- Divert running water onto lava to create obsidian. To mine the obsidian, you’ll need a diamond pickaxe.
- When using enchanted books in Minecraft, the user may get random enchantments from an enchantment table.
- It enables the user to apply further enchantments to already enchanted things using an anvil.
- The user may get enchanted books by dealing with librarian villagers.
3. Make a book and a quill. To build a book and quill, place a book, ink sac, and feather anywhere in the crafting area. Using this item brings up an interface where you may enter a lengthy message.
- This recipe is not accessible in the Pocket Edition or some earlier console versions.
- Kill hens to get feathers. Kill squid to get ink sacs.
Can you still make books in Minecraft?
Step 1: Set up your Crafting Station. Step 2: Put one sugar cane in each of the three middle-row blocks. Step 3: Drop the three pieces of paper that resulted into your inventory. For your book, you’ll need all three sheets.
How do you make a easy book in Minecraft?
By far the greatest method to get enchanted books in Minecraft is by fishing. However, the enchantments obtained by fishing are simply “treasure” enchantments. Any enchantment that cannot be made on an enchanting table is referred to as a treasure enchantment.
How do you make a book in Minecraft without leather?
Convert three canes into paper.
Sugar cane should cover one row of a crafting table (three in total). This yields three sheets of paper, enough for one book.
What is the recipe for a book and quill in Minecraft?
Because this recipe is shapeless, Book and Quills are made using 1 Feather, 1 Ink Sac, and 1 Book in any sequence. The player may write in the book by right clicking. The book obtains an enchanted texture after clicking “Sign and Close,” the quill disappears, and it may be read but not modified without modifications or plugins.
How do you craft paper in Minecraft?
Making paper in Minecraft is a breeze. Simply arrange three sugar canes in the center row of the crafting grid. This will provide you with paper!
How do you make a mass book in Minecraft?
Cloning several copies of the same written book is possible by adding extra books and quills to the crafting grid. Books that have been written may now be piled (up to 16 per stack).