How to Make a Fake Belly Button Piercing
How to make a fake belly button piercing
Belly-button piercings are fashionable and enticing, but the procedure may be uncomfortable and costly, not to mention fairly permanent. A faux piercing, on the other hand, allows you to experiment with various types and determine if a navel piercing is correct for you. It’s also a terrific option for teenagers whose parents will not allow them to have a body piercing.
It’s not difficult to create a phony piercing that will attract attention to your midsection without revealing your true identity. Choose a gorgeous bead, a sparkling rhinestone, and place it to your belly button – no one will be able to tell the difference!
Making a Fake Beaded Piercing
1. Look for a silver or gold-colored bead. Plastic or metal beads may be used, but they must be tiny enough to go into your belly button. You may purchase cheap beaded necklaces for as low as $1 at bargain shops and clip a single bead off using scissors.
- Alternatively, you may use wire cutters to remove the post from the rear of a bead earring.
2. Look for a little stick-on rhinestone. The little diamonds contain adhesive on the back to keep them in place on your skin.
- You may also use wire cutters to cut the post of a gemstone earring stud (as long as it has a flat back).
- You may choose the size of the rhinestone, however your fake piercing will seem more convincing if the gem is smaller than the bead you choose.
3. Attach the jeweled piece to your belly button approximately an inch above. You don’t need to apply glue if you’re using a stick-on component. If you manufactured your own jewelry, use spirit gum, nail adhesive, eyelash glue, or body glue to keep it in place on your skin.
4. Glue the bead on the inside of your navel. Because the back of the bead will not be visible, you may be a bit more experimental with your glue. Place the bead in the top area of your belly button, so it seems to be linked to the jewelry above.
5. Allow your glue to cure. For a few minutes, don’t jiggle or move the parts while the glue cures. It is beneficial to lay down while the adhesive cures.
Making a Fake Dangling Piercing
1. Look for a hanging earring that is lightweight. A little hoop or a light chain are also suitable possibilities. You may also make your own belly-button jewelry out of basic items like straight pins, beads, wire cutters, and pliers.
2. Snip the post from the current jewelry using wire cutters. If the earring has a hook, cut it using wire cutters or use needle-nose pliers to open the link or loop linked to the hook and pull it away from the remainder of the earring.
3. By slipping beads onto a pin, you may make your own beaded jewelry. Slide tiny beads onto a straight pin with a beaded head in a personalized design.
- Slide the beads over the pin in whatever pattern you desire. Remember that the pin head will be towards the bottom of the jewelry, therefore the beads should be tiny enough so that they do not slip over it. Make the pin arrangement no longer than the length you want hanging from your navel.
- Bend the remainder of the pin to produce a 90-degree angle using needle-nose pliers. Remove the pointed end of the pin, leaving roughly 1 centimeter of bare wire.
- Using needle-nosed pliers, form a tiny loop out of the leftover wire. The loop will be the belly-button ring’s top.
4. Place the earring on the top of your navel. Spirit gum, nail glue, eyelash glue, and body glue are the greatest adhesives to utilize. You’ll find it useful to apply adhesive to both the jewelry and your skin before sticking them together.
5. Adhere a rhinestone sticker to the top of the earring. Add a gemstone approximately an inch above your navel to give the faux belly-button piercing a more genuine look. If you don’t have a sticker, you may clip the post off a rhinestone earring (as long as it has a flat back) and attach the gem to your skin using wire cutters.
- While the size of the rhinestone is entirely up to you, picking a gem that is the same size or smaller than the pin head you choose will seem the most natural.
6. Let the glue dry. Make sure you don’t move or touch the pieces for a few minutes. It’s also a good idea to lie flat while the adhesive cures.
Customizing Your Belly-Button Jewelry
1. Make bespoke fake belly-button jewelry in the same way as you would custom earrings. You may tweak beads or make your own hanging belly-button jewelry in a number of ways.
2. Make your bead unique by painting it with nail polish or coating it with glitter. Apply nail paint or a little coating of white craft adhesive to the bead, then roll it in glitter. Allow it to dry fully before attaching it to your body.
3. Make hanging earrings out of various materials. Instead of threading beads onto a straight pin, thread the pin through a variety of materials.
- You may paint, nail polish, or glitter a little Styrofoam craft ball, or roll a small ball of aluminum foil and decorate it in the same manner. The pin may even be inserted through a little fuzzy ball.
4. To create any earring design, just follow the instructions. Just remember to stop before inserting a post or hook and instead use the aforementioned steps to secure the jewelry to your belly button.