How to Make a Pipe from a Soda Can
Smoking Weed Out Of a Can
You’re in luck if you have stuff to smoke and nothing to smoke it out of except some Coke cans. With a little work and MacGyvering, it’s achievable. It’s simple to construct a simple pipe or a more complicated water pipe for smoking. To learn more about these possibilities, go back to Step 1.
Making a Basic Pipe
1. Obtain an aluminum can with a pull-tab. A standard 12 oz soda can, as well as a bigger “tallboy” type can, would suffice. Make sure all of the soda or beer has been removed from the can before rinsing it with clean water. Allow it to dry before moving on to the next step.
2. Get a needle, a pin, or anything else pointy. Making holes in the middle of the can’s side is the next stage. A hole-poker may also be made out of a pencil or a pen.
If nothing else works, try breaking the can’s tab in half and poking a succession of little holes with the sharp tip.
3. Make a thumb-sized indentation on the can’s side. Because you’ll want to smoke out of the other side of the hole, arrange your smokables on the opposite side of the can’s mouth. Make a shallow rut with your thumb.
4. Small holes should be poked. Poke a pattern of holes over the basin produced by the indention with the needle, pin, or other piercing device. They don’t have to be very large, but the more you build, the better. Make a design that looks like a grate.
5. Make a huge hole on the side of the building. Choose the spot that seems most natural to cover with a finger or thumb while you smoke, then puncture the can with a sharpened pencil or a pen.
6. Take the tab off the can and discard it. Wiggle the tab on the can back and forth until the metal that holds it in place weakens and falls away. Make sure you don’t drop the tab into the can by mistake.
7. Heat the smoking area and the can’s neighboring region to condition the pipe. While there is no scientific proof to back this up, the basic assumption is that it will evaporate the chemicals used to coat the inside of the can before you fire it up. You may also sand the indention and the surrounding region to remove the paint. It is thought that by doing so, a considerable portion of the potentially dangerous substance that may be evaporated when you smoke is removed. If you don’t have any sandpaper, you may use the end of the hole-poker you used.
8. Smoke. Place your tobacco or other smoking material on the indentation, press your lips against the can’s drinking hole, and cover the cab with your thumb to smoke. Fill the can with smoke by inhaling and then releasing the carb when you’re ready to inhale.
9. Recognize the hazards to your health. Aluminum is thought to be linked to Alzheimer’s and other brain illnesses when heated and inhaled. While it is true that heating metal to a high enough vaporization temperature with a standard Bic lighter is challenging, it is also inefficient and usually best avoided.
- Aluminum has not been shown to induce Alzheimer’s disease in studies. However, the polymers used in the paint and inside lining may contain BPA, and it’s unclear if heating and sanding will be enough to remove them. When smoked, they have the potential to raise your cancer risk.
- The fundamental idea of the soda-can pipe may be applied to commonly accessible items such as apples, potatoes, and other foods without the risk of negative side effects. If you smoke, you do it at your own risk.
Making a Water-Pipe With Cans
1. Assemble all of the required supplies. You’ll need the following items to create a water pipe or a bong-style pipe to smoke from:
- 2 cans (12 oz)
- Opener for cans
- A mouthpiece for a trumpet or a glass slide
2. Cut the cans’ ends off. After washing and drying two 12 ounce (340 g) cans, remove both ends of one can and the top end of the other using the can opener. To open a can of soup, use the can opener as you usually would. You should now have one cylinder with both ends removed and another without a top to serve as the foundation.
3. With both ends cut off, bend in the sharp edges of the top of the can. To avoid being cut on the edge, cover it with tape. This is where you’ll put your mouth.
4. With the base, poke a hole in the side of the can. Make a hole on the side of the can big enough to accommodate the stem of the mouthpiece or whatever you’re going to use to ignite your smokables in.
Make an effort to round out the edges of the hole. You may cover it with a lot of tape layers.
5. Assemble the mouthpiece so that it is tight. It’s taped together. Spend some time layering the tape so that it fits tightly.
6. Place the cylinder on top of the base can and tape it in place. Tape the two cans together to make the water pipe’s complete chamber.
7. Fill the pipe with water. Fill it with enough water to barely immerse the stem of the mouthpiece.
8. Smoke. To smoke, put anything you want to smoke in the mouthpiece and inhale through the top of the top can. Remove the mouthpiece when the chamber filled with smoke and you wish to inhale.