How to look more masculine ftm
How to make your face look more masculine ftm – Passing might be a huge issue if you’re transitioning from female to male (FTM). Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances of passing. Begin by making little changes to your look, such as acquiring a male haircut, shaving, and binding. Then, focus on incorporating more manly characteristics into your outfit. Mannerisms, such as standing erect, shaking hands, and speaking in a monotone voice, may also be a dead giveaway. Using these tactics in tandem will improve your chances of passing. Remember that there is no one correct method to pass or transition. Whatever helps you feel the most at ease is the finest thing to do!
Adjusting Your Appearance
1. Visit a barber or a men’s hairdresser to get a macho haircut. Because many women today wear their hair short, merely having short hair will not help you pass. It’s essential to get your hair trimmed by a barber or someone who regularly trims men’s hair. Avoid going to a hairstylist who does not specialize in cutting men’s hair and may give you a short, feminine cut. Tell the stylist what style you desire when you go to have your hair trimmed. Save a few images of hairstyles that you like and present them to them.
- Request that your barber or stylist shave your sideburns as well. Any long hair in the sideburn region might be misinterpreted as feminine.
- Remember that the barber or stylist will most likely ask you about how you want your hair trimmed. Don’t be hesitant to express your desires and don’t let them talk you out of them. You have the right to have your hair trimmed as you see fit!
2. Use gel, pomade, or another men’s hair product to style your hair. If you wear your hair back and out of your face, you will seem more manly. This can be accomplished with hair gel or pomade. This is particularly crucial if your hair is longer, since outsiders may interpret bangs or hair falling down near to your face as feminine.
- For an easy approach to keep your hair out of your face, add a good quantity of gel on it and comb it straight back.
3. Shave your face to get rid of the peach fuzz. While shaving may not seem required if you don’t have visible hair on your face, it is vital since women’s faces contain a delicate covering of peach fuzz-like hair. After puberty, men normally do not experience this. They either have lengthy facial hair or shave often to get rid of any fresh growth. Because developing facial hair may not be an option for you, you must shave at least every other day to remove the peach fuzz.
- To avoid cuts, shave with shaving cream and a fresh razor every time.
- You should also use an aftershave to assist prevent skin infections and to provide a manly aroma.
4. Avoid putting on cosmetics or plucking your brows. Makeup makes your face seem more feminine, thus avoiding it will make you appear more manly. You might, for example, check into contour techniques on YouTube to sharpen your jawline if that’s something you’d be more comfortable with. Men also have bigger brows, so not plucking them might assist to make your face seem more manly.
5. Bind your chest to give the illusion of pecs. You may be able to get away with wearing a tight-fitting sports bra if you have a tiny chest. Binding, on the other hand, will be required if you have ordinary or big breasts. You may achieve the illusion of a manly chest by purchasing a binder to wear beneath your apparel.
- Make sure you’re not wearing a binder for more than 8 hours every day.
- Wear a binder that is the correct size. Wearing a too-tight binder inhibits your breathing and may harm your breast tissue
- The purpose of binding is not to fully flatten your chest. Instead, the goal is to mimic pectorals (“pecs”).
- Never tie your chest with ACE bandages. They tend to slide down and are also fairly tight, which might make breathing difficult.
- If you have really big breasts, you should check into breast reduction surgery coverage. Some health insurance policies may cover this sort of surgery, particularly if your breasts are so enormous that they cause back discomfort. There is also top surgery, which many FTMs choose to get, which results in a masculine chest.
6. Stuff your pants realistically. You may buy a prosthesis (called a “packer” and sold online) or make your own using condoms, alcohol-free hair gel, and a nylon stocking. To avoid leaks, fill a condom halfway with hair gel, knot it off, then place it inside a second condom. Then, wrap the condom in a nylon stocking and knot it off so that the nylon is tightly wrapped around the condoms.
- When their penis is not erect, most guys don’t have an obvious bulge in their trousers, so bear this in mind if you stuff.
- You might also check into prosthetic devices for hard packing. To wear for sex, you may get a prosthetic penis from an adult retailer.
7. Discuss hormone treatment with your doctor. If you wish to modify your biological look, you should consider using testosterone. This will assist you in developing more male characteristics, such as facial hair and muscle. Taking testosterone will also help you stop menstruating. Testosterone injections, gel, and patches are all options.
Dressing in Masculine Clothing
1. Purchase shirts that cover your breast. Choose looser-fitting apparel to assist conceal your chest. Men’s button-down shirts are suitable. Avoid items that stick to your body, such as silk and synthetic textiles. Instead, I opted for structural cotton and linen shirts.
- Try to find clothes with patterns on them. This shifts attention away from your chest and onto the print.
- Adding layers to your clothes might also be beneficial. Wear a white crew-neck t-shirt underneath a button-down or polo shirt.
- Hoodies may save your life. They’re androgynous, baggy, and do a good job of concealing your breast. When feasible, wear a black hoodie to hide your chest even more.
- Tip: When taking your clothes to the dry cleaners, request additional starch on your shirts. This will assist to give them a more structured appearance and feel, which will help to cover any curves.
2. Wear straight-leg jeans, pants, or men’s shorts. Because men’s and women’s trousers are cut differently, it’s critical to wear entirely or largely men’s pants to pass. A pair of black men’s work trousers or khakis is an excellent choice for creating a macho appearance. If you like jeans, look for men’s jeans with straight legs that are loose-fitting.
- Avoid thin and bootcut jeans, which will highlight more of your curves.
- Men’s pants now available in a variety of colors and designs. You may experiment with them if they are your style and you feel comfortable wearing them, but choosing simple or conservative trousers may help you pass. To seem more macho, wear navy blue, black, grey, or khaki trousers.
3. Put on a pair of men’s shoes and socks. Shoes should be purchased in the men’s section and in manly hues such as grey, black, blue, brown, and so on. Purchase a pair of dress shoes for important events as well as a pair of casual shoes, such as sneakers. If you have little feet, look in the boys shoe section for a suitable pair.
- You may browse for shoes at a shoe store or online for a larger range of sizes, styles, and colors.
- Sneakers, loafers, and boots are all good choices. Women are often spotted wearing flats, heels, and sandals, so avoid them.
4. Purchase a unique swimsuit for usage at the beach or pool. Passing in the pool or on the beach might be more difficult, but with the correct swimwear, it is achievable. At the beach or in the pool, men often wear swim trunks and no shirt. You may, however, buy a wetsuit or swim vest to conceal your chest. Alternatively, you may just pair your swim trunks with a T-shirt.
- To bond safely, take the necessary safeguards. If you are going to exercise or swim, it is recommended that you wear a binder that is one size bigger than your typical wear.  Check to see whether the substance of your binder may be safely wet.
5. Dress formally for formal occasions. They’re incredibly macho and suitable for most formal situations. Purchase a coat with shoulder pads to draw attention to your shoulders and make them seem more manly.
Brightly colored suits are unusual, particularly among males. Choose from black, grey, or navy.
6. Instead of a purse, carry a backpack, bag, or simply a wallet. Men are seldom seen carrying handbags, so avoid them. When striving to seem manly, even fanny packs work better.
7. Put on headwear such as baseball caps and beanies. Hats may make you seem much more macho. If you have long hair, tuck it under the hat to make it look shorter.
8. Accessorize with manly accessories such as ties and watches. You can get by with a trendy men’s watch, a tie, or any macho item. Purchase men’s sunglasses, wear men’s jewelry (if you like jewelry), and make a men’s fragrance your distinctive aroma.
- If you have tiny wrists, avoid wearing extra-large timepieces since they will make your wrists seem even smaller.
Adopting Masculine Behaviors
1. Take up space instead of attempting to be inconspicuous. Women have a tendency to make themselves seem smaller by crossing their knees, slouching, or keeping their arms tucked in. To look more macho, do the opposite of these things. Sit or stand up straight and tall, with your legs split apart, and your arms taking up space.
- If you’re standing, for example, maintain your feet shoulder-width apart, your back straight, and your arms at your sides.
- Place your feet level on the ground, your knees approximately 12 in (30 cm) apart, and lean back with one or both arms resting on the backs of surrounding chairs if you’re seated.
2. When meeting new individuals, practice providing a solid, confident handshake. A strong handshake is an indication of masculinity. Stand up or bend down to meet someone’s eye level while shaking their hand. Then, look them in the eyes, take a firm grasp on their hand, and shake it up and down 2 to 3 times. After then, let go of their hand and return to a comfortable standing or sitting posture.
- Keep your grip on their hand for no more than 5 seconds. It may become embarrassing if you wait much longer.
- Men, like women, tend to smile less often. When you meet someone, it’s acceptable to grin, but don’t overdo it or laugh awkwardly. Maintain your cool and grin in a genuine, welcoming manner.
3. Practice making your voice deeper. Many transgender males are upset because they are ignored until they open their tongues. To address this, attempt vocal exercises that can deepen your voice and make it sound more manly without the use of testosterone.
4. Try to keep your voice as monotonous as possible. Women’s voices tend to alter pitch while they talk, which might be a dead giveaway. To seem more manly, practice speaking in a monotone voice. Don’t be concerned with the tone of your voice as much as with its consistency. Men’s voices have different tones, so having a higher pitched voice isn’t always a dead giveaway.
- Listen to men’s voices in movies, podcasts, and TV programs and attempt to imitate them.
5. If you dread sitting down, consider utilizing a stand-to-pee gadget. It’s quite OK to pee while seated in a men’s bathroom. Some males do this as a matter of personal choice or need. However, if you need to stand to pee, there are a few options. Using a stand-to-pee (StP) gadget is the best solution. You can either make one yourself or buy one.
- At home, practice using the equipment until you have mastered it. You may start by practicing in the shower and then using the gadget anytime you go to the restroom. When you’re ready, start carrying the gadget about with you.
- StP devices are often tiny, so you can simply slip one into your pocket.
How do I dress more masculine FTM?
Shirts are making you look more masculine, especially button-down models, that are made out of structured cotton or linen. Avoid wearing materials that are very tight and cling to your body, for instance, synthetics and silk. Try shirts that are tighter on your shoulders or arms and loose in the middle section.
How can I make my face look more masculine?
Shade around your nose to make it look bigger.
Shade both sides of the nose. This will also darken the area. Men tend not to wear foundation, so areas of the face usually look darker. …
Shade the area where your nose meets your brow bone. This create the appearance of a shadow under the eyebrow.
How can I look more like a boy?
Take long strides and walk with your legs apart to look like a boy. Squat slightly to make your spread-leg stance appear more natural. Additionally, hunch your shoulders forward slightly. To avoid using your hands too much, put them in your pockets or carry something you can play with, such as your phone.
How do you start a masculine dressing?
How To Dress Masculine As A Girl (12 Easy Style Tips)
Wear loose-fitting clothes. …
Try on baggy pants. …
Wear staples like boyfriend jeans. …
Get oversized layers. …
Choose neutral colors. …
Buy high-quality shirts. …
Try on canvas sneakers. …
Put on work boots.
How can I look more androgynous?
Wear fitted bottoms.
Rather than opting for baggy pants, choose a more fitted bottom. You can choose skinny jeans or well-fitted dress pants. Wear a cardigan over a t-shirt paired with skinny jeans and canvas sneakers for an everyday androgynous look.
Why is my face so masculine?
Gender differences in facial appearance are the result of hormonal and cultural influences. In general, the bone structure of men’s heads – the brow bone, the jaw, and the chin – are more prominent and angular. The woman’s bone structure is smoother and her face is less blocky and more oval.
What are masculine traits?
Traits traditionally viewed as masculine in Western society include strength, courage, independence, leadership, and assertiveness.
How do you make a boy look like a girl?
Eye makeup is a great way to make a boy look more feminine.
Apply eyeshadow on his eyes to accentuate his eye color. Consider using two or three colors to blend onto his eyelid to make his eyes look bigger.
Use eyeliner to draw a line at the base of the eyelid. …
Finish with mascara on his eyelashes.
How can I look attractive?
50 Genius Ways to Be Instantly More Attractive
Wear Red. Who knew color could make such a big difference in your level of attractiveness? …
Show Off Your Hips. …
Make Yourself Look Taller. …
Highlight the Left Side of Your Face. …
Travel in Groups. …
Fill in Your Eyebrows. …
Put On Some Sunglasses. …
Walk With a Swagger.
How can I sit more masculine?
Women tend to make themselves look smaller, such as by crossing their legs, slouching, or keeping their arms tucked in. Do the opposite of these things to appear more masculine. Sit with your legs spread apart, sit or stand up straight and tall, and take up space with your arms.
How a girl should walk?
Tips for walking properly
Keep your head up. When you’re walking, focus on standing tall with your chin parallel to the ground and your ears aligned above your shoulders. …
Lengthen your back. …
Keep your shoulders down and back. …
Engage your core. …
Swing your arms. …
Step from heel to toe.
What is a feminine walk?
Put your shoulders back.
Traditionally, men tend to carry their shoulders more parallel to their bodies than women. Standing straight with your shoulders back, helps you sway your arms around your hips and create a more traditionally feminine walk.
How do you look genderless?
8 Essentials for a Gender-Neutral Wardrobe
White Button-Down. It doesn’t get more versatile than this crisp classic. …
Hoodie. A slouchy, oversized hoodie isn’t only the coziest thing in your closet, it’s also the cornerstone of casual style. …
Wide-Leg Pants. …
Baseball Cap. …
How do you know if you’re androgynous?
An androgynous person is an individual who has a high degree of both feminine (expressive) and masculine (instrumental) traits. A feminine individual is ranked high on feminine (expressive) traits and ranked low on masculine (instrumental) traits.
How do you sound androgynous?
To develop a more androgynous voice, you will work on adding or minimizing the pitch variations in your voice until you find the happy medium you are looking for. Most commonly, an androgynous voice will have variations of about a whole step during speech.
how to make your face look more masculine ftm | how to look more masculine ftm | how to pass ftm | how to be more masculine ftm | how to appear more masculine ftm | ftm passing with long hair | masculine haircuts ftm | ftm passing | how to look more masculine ftm? | how to pass as male | how to look masculine with long hair ftm | how to dress masculine ftm | masculine makeup ftm | how to pass better ftm | how to pass as a guy ftm | ftm how to pass | how to dress more masculine ftm | masculine haircut ftm | ftm coconut oil facial hair | ftm masculine makeup | how to look more masculine ftm with long hair | ways to look more masculine ftm | how to look masculine ftm | do i pass ftm | ftm passing at school | male mannerisms ftm | passing ftm | how to pass as male ftm | how to look more masculine ftm makeup | ftm passing tips | how to sound more masculine ftm | ftm hairstyles | short masculine haircuts for ftm | how to pass as a male | how to pass as male with long hair | how to make your face more masculine ftm | how to seem more masculine ftm | how to sit more masculine | masculine haircuts for ftm | masculine outfits ftm | ftm long hair | exercises to look more masculine ftm | how to make your hands look more masculine ftm | masculine ftm | ftm how to look masculine | passing tips ftm | how to feel more masculine ftm