How to Remove a Ring Doorbell Cover
How to remove ring doorbell from bracket
If you’ve newly installed a Ring Doorbell, you may be wondering how to remove the cover. This is necessary if you wish to change the color of the faceplate or if your Ring Doorbell requires you to remove the battery for charging. You’ll be OK as long as you have the included Ring screwdriver to remove the security screw at the bottom of the faceplate!
Taking Off and Replacing the Faceplate
1. Remove the security screw from the faceplate’s bottom. The Ring Doorbell includes a star-shaped screwdriver for removing the security screw. Insert the tip of the supplied screwdriver into the security screw and spin counterclockwise until the screw is completely removed. 
- If you lose the given screwdriver, you must contact customer care at https://www.ring.com to acquire a replacement. You may also get a replacement from Amazon at https://www.amazon.com.
- Alternatively, a T6 torx-head screwdriver can be used.
2. With your thumbs, push up from the bottom of the cover until it comes loose. To support the faceplate, place both of your thumbs on the bottom and the tips of your index and middle fingers on the front.  Pull the cover’s bottom up and outward until it breaks free.  If you’re having difficulties freeing the faceplate with your thumbs alone, try inserting anything flat and slim, like a butter knife, below the bottom edge of the faceplate to pry it up. Just be careful not to use something that is too sharp or too large, since this might harm the cover.
3. Once the faceplate is loose, pull it away from the body to remove it. Once you’ve snapped it free, take the cover in your hand and carefully peel it away from the body. This will reveal the interior of the Ring Doorbell. 
After you’ve loosened the faceplate with your thumbs, this will be one continuous action. Take care not to let the lid slip.
4. To replace the faceplate, align it with the body and snap it back on. Align the plastic hook on the faceplate’s top inner edge with the matching hole on the doorbell’s body. Insert the hook into the hole while holding the cover at a 45-degree angle, and then snap the cover’s bottom back into place. 
The Ring Doorbell comes with a variety of colorful faceplates that are all replaceable. When you wish to change the color of your doorbell, you may remove and replace them in the same way.
Tip: You can also find silicone skins online on sites like https://www.amazon.com that just slide on top of everything. You can use these if you want to change the look of your Ring Doorbell, camouflage it, or protect it from the elements.
5. Replace the security screw and use the screwdriver to tighten it all the way. Replace the security screw in the hole at the faceplate’s bottom. Screw it back in with the included screwdriver until it’s completely tight.  If you happen to lose the security screw, you may replace it online.  They come in packets of at least two, so have a few on hand just in case. To request replacements, go to https://www.amazon.com or contact customer care at https://www.ring.com.
Getting the Battery Out
1. Remove the security screw from the faceplate’s bottom. Turn the supplied Ring screwdriver counterclockwise to loosen the screw at the bottom of the lid. Remove the screw and place it aside. 
If you happen to lose the security screw or the Ring screwdriver, you may obtain replacements from https://www.amazon.com or by contacting customer support at https://www.ring.com.
2. Push the faceplate up from the bottom using your thumbs as levers. Put your thumbs on the bottom of the faceplate and your index and middle fingers on the front. Pry the bottom of the faceplate free using your thumbs. 
This is only required if your Ring doorbell has a detachable battery that must be removed to charge. Other models include a charging cable connector on the back, eliminating the need to remove the cover.
3. When you’ve pulled the faceplate loose, remove it from the body. Lift the faceplate away from the body with caution. Set it aside in a secure location. 
After loosening the bottom with your thumbs, the faceplate will simply slide out. Nothing else is holding it to the body. If you release go of the faceplate after loosening the bottom edge, it may come off and hit the ground.
4. Pull the battery out towards the bottom while pressing the black tab. At the bottom of the doorbell, there is a black rectangular tab on top of the battery where it slides out. Press down with your index finger while sliding the battery out from the bottom with your thumb and middle finger. 
You may let go of the black tab once the battery begins to slide out. This is only the button for releasing the tension.
5. After charging, replace the faceplate by sliding the battery back in. Charge the Ring Doorbell battery and replace it in the doorbell’s bottom until the black tab snaps back into place and the battery is firmly within. Replace the security screw with the Ring screwdriver and snap the faceplate back on. 
If you wish to change the color of the faceplate, you may do so now.