How to tie pirate bandana
A pirate bandana is a fantastic way to finish off your pirate outfit. Choose from a conventional pirate bandana that covers your hair or a slimmer version that doubles as a headband. Both procedures are simple and fast, and they’ll make you appear like a pirate!
Making the Traditional Pirate Fold
1. To make a triangle, fold the bandana in half. Pull one bandana tip to the opposite tip to form a triangle on a flat surface. If your bandana is already in the form of a triangle, you may skip this step
- A bandana that is 90 centimetres (35 in) broad and 90 centimetres (35 in) long is ideal for this method. A shorter bandana will accomplish the trick, but it will not hang as long.
- Bandanas may be found online, in a dollar shop, or at a costume store.
2. Fold the bandana in half and place it over your brow. Pick up the bandana by the two opposing ends and bring the long edge to your forehead, just over your brows, allowing the triangle form to cover your head. Swivel the bandana to the right approximately 4 cm (1.6 in). This will make you appear like a pirate.
- If you wish to hang your ponytail through the bandana, tie your hair first.
3. Tie a knot at the bandana’s two opposing ends. Tie a knot at the back of your head using the bandana’s long ends. Pull the ends of the bandana tight and tie a second knot over the top after you’re satisfied with the initial knot’s location. This will hold the bandana in place while you go about your pirate business. Fold the excess corner behind the knot you’ve made.
- If you’re going to wear your bandana over your pirate helmet, just tie it once. The hat will fit better on your head as a result of this.
Folding a Thin Pirate Bandana
1. Make a headband out of the bandana. Place the bandana on a level surface and construct a triangular shape by pulling one tip of the bandana to the opposite point. Fold the bandana’s long edge over in 5 cm (2.0 in) intervals until it resembles a single continuous strip.
- Fold the bandana in 3 cm (1.2 in) intervals for a thinner bandana. Fold the bandana in 7 cm (2.8 in) intervals for a thicker bandana.
2. Tie a knot on the bandana and wrap it over your head. Place the folded bandana on the centre of your forehead, near your hairline. Take one end of the bandana in each hand and knot it behind your head.
- Undo the knot and tie it lower down toward your neck if the bandana starts to slide off your head.
3. If you want a more dramatic effect, drape another bandana over the knot. Remove the bandana off your head and place it flat. Drape the second bandana over top of the first. Place the material on each side of the knot in the first bandana, with the centre of the second bandana draped over it.
- If you want to go for a true pirate appearance, use a bandana of the same color. Use bandanas in a variety of colors and designs to create a one-of-a-kind outfit.
4. The second bandana should be tied around the first knot. Hold the ends of the second bandana in your hands and tie a knot around the first knot. This will give the bandana more volume in the rear and make the knot stand out more.
- Use a mirror or get the aid of a friend to view the back of your head.
- If you’re only going to use one bandana, skip this step.