Protecting your SIM card with a different password may assist prevent unauthorized usage of your SIM in another device. But what if you need to move phones and have forgotten the password to your SIM card? The only method to unlock a password-protected SIM card is to get a PUK (PIN unlock key) code from your cell operator. To offer you with this code, the supplier may need you to submit proof of your identity. This we tells you how to unlock your SIM card using a PUK code.
1. Enter the unlock code from your SIM card. When you install a locked SIM card into a new phone, you will be requested to enter the password. Enter the password you know to unlock your SIM. If not, you may use a PUK (pin unlock key) provided by your cell operator to unlock the SIM.
- T-Mobile and Sprint’s default SIM unlock code is 1234, whereas Verizon and AT&T’s default unlock code is 1111′.
- If you don’t remember your PIN, try the default code first. You’ll be requested to input the PUK after entering the code wrong too many times (the number changes).
2. Obtain your SIM’s PUK. This code is provided by your cell operator, therefore you must contact them directly. Your provider may ask for the number on the SIM card, so write it down before calling them.
- Because your SIM card isn’t functioning, you’ll need to call customer care using another phone (or a VoIP service like Skype or Google Voice).
- Some service providers, such as AT&T, enable you to get the PUK online.
- If you have AT&T, you may acquire your PUK by following these steps:
- Log in to your AT&T account dashboard and go to My wireless.
- Select your locked phone from the list of “My devices & add-ons.”
- Choose Manage my device.
- Click Obtain your PIN unlock key (PUK).
3. When asked, enter the PUK. The PUK is usually eight digits long. If you are unable to input the proper PUK after 10 tries, your SIM will be terminated and you will need to get a new one from your provider. You will be required to establish a new SIM pin after successfully entering the code.
4. Make a new PIN. Even if you deactivate the PIN, you must first generate a new one before you can disable SIM locking. This time, write down your PIN so you don’t forget it.
5. Turn off SIM locking (optional). If you don’t want to utilize a SIM PIN in the future, follow these steps to deactivate SIM lock:
- iPhone: Tap Cellular in the Settings app, then SIM PIN, and then flip the option off. You must enter your new SIM PIN once to confirm that you are turning it off.
- Android: In the Options app, go to Biometrics and security (or Security & lock screen, or something similar), then Advanced or Other security settings, SIM card lock or Change SIM PIN, and turn off the switch. To validate the change, you must enter your existing SIM PIN.
Can you unlock a locked SIM card?
The only method to unlock a password-protected SIM card is to get a PUK (PIN unlock key) code from your cell operator. To offer you with this code, the supplier may need you to submit proof of your identity. This wikiHow tells you how to unlock your SIM card using a PUK code.
What do I do if my SIM is locked?
If you input an erroneous personal identification number (PIN) three times, your mobile phone’s SIM card will be locked. To unlock it, you must first reset your PIN by inputting the unique unlock key from your SIM card (also called a PIN unblocking key or PUK).
Can SIM lock be removed?
How to Unlock Your SIM Card When Starting Your Android (including Samsung Galaxy) If you do not want to input the SIM PIN code every time you start your Android smartphone or tablet, disable the option by tapping on “Lock SIM card.” You must input your existing SIM card PIN code. Insert it, then press OK.
What is a SIM unlock code?
The Network Unlock Code (NUC), also known as a Network Unlock PIN (NUP) or Network Control Key (NCK), is used to remove a phone from its original network. You may request a NUC if you haven’t already gotten one.
What is SIM lock code?
Simply said, a SIM PIN is a number, generally between four and six digits long, that prohibits a SIM card from being used in a new phone or even after restarting a phone into which it is already attached.
Where can I find my PUK code?
The SIM card should be packaged similarly by your cell company.
The PUK code is written on the plastic card that holds the SIM card.
The PUK code might be buried behind a scratchable region.
Scratch the area to reveal the PUK code….
Sign in to get the PUK code.
Call your cell provider and get your PUK code.